I was invited to Taipei, Taiwan for the ‘eCulture & Open Cultural Data Forum’ by TELDAP (Taiwan e-Learning and Digital Archives Programs), MCN Taiwan and Culturemondo Asia Pacific. Many thanks to my hosts and organisers for their hospitality, for the meetings they organised with various national museums and for the opportunity to discuss open cultural data with staff from Taiwanese museums, libraries and archives.
As well as my keynote on ‘Global communities and open cultural data: movements towards linked open data in libraries, archives and museums’, I lead a further day and a half of seminars with Shih-Chieh Ilya Li at the Academia Sinica, Taiwan on:
- eCulture, Data Immersion & Open Cultural Data
- Why Open Cultural Data?
- What is Linked Open Data (LOD) ?
- Strategy and Planning Open Cultural Data
- Technologies, standards and licenses for Linked Open Data
- How to open your cultural Data
- Group exercise: planning LOD projects